Besides assisting clients to expedite the issuance of their already lodged Permanent Residence Applications, PABC is also fully prepared during the COVID-19 lockdown period to assist existing as well as new clients in applying for South African Permanent Residence – whilst this option is still available.
Persons who are the holders of valid Temporary Residence Visa and the following Temporary Visa, in particular, are eligible to apply immediately for South African Permanent Residency from within South Africa.
Qualifying Eligible Foreign Nationals For SA Permanent Residence:
- Critical Skills Work Visa
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Critical Skills Work Visa with a Contract of Employment linked to a specific SA Employer Company ;
- General Work Visa
Qualifying applicants holding a valid General Work Visa and having Work Visa covering (in total) a continuous unbroken employment period in the RSA of more than 5 years
- Own Business Self Employment Visa
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Own Business Visa who have invested a minimum of R 5 million contribution as part of the book value of the business and who have at least 5 SA Citizens as permanent employees.
- Retired Person Visa
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Retired Person Visa and who receive a regular monthly income in excess of the minimum prescribed amount of R 37 000 per month from a pension fund, retirement annuity or retirement fund account ;
- Relatives Visa - Spouse
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Relatives Visa (Spouse) where the foreign national is married to or in a Permanent Life Partnership relationship with a SA Citizen or SA Permanent Resident.
- Relatives Visa - Parents & Children
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Relatives Visa (Dependent) where the dependent children or dependent major parents accompany and reside with a SA Citizen or SA Permanent Resident.
- Financially Independent / Sufficient Net Worth
Qualifying applicants holding a valid Temporary Residence Visa who possesses a combined asset value / net worth in excess of the minimum prescribed amount of R 12 million.
Following the President’s announcement of a country-wide lockdown as of 27 March 2020, we wish to assure our clients that PABC is a service orientated business and that we are able to continue to render a high-level service to you with staff working from home.
We wish to advise the following, in particular:
- We continue to prepare and capture on-line applications, pay over the relevant VFS and DHA fees and secure appointments with VFS on behalf of our clients during the lockdown period whilst document submissions will take place immediately after lockdown has been lifted ;
- For those clients whose Visa have expired either immediately before or during the lockdown period, we assist with the necessary Visa extension applications. Original documentation will be lodged at VFS immediately after lockdown.
- PABC will advise clients as to when the VFS Centres and Dept Home Affairs will re-open upon receiving official notification thereof ;
- We are available at all times both telephonically and by email to provide guidance and assistance concerning any Visa or Permit matters which may arise during the lockdown period ;
- We remain available through our regular channels and continue to work diligently to keep up-to-date with developments within the immigration domain ;
- We urge our clients to use this time and to seize the opportunity during lockdown to timeously prepare and catch up on any outstanding or pressing Visa or Permit issues which you may have, to date, not been able to attend to. We stand ready to assist you in any way we can and are committed to providing uninterrupted service to you with your Visa and Permit requirements during lockdown ;
Please take care and rest assured that we remain focused on assisting and supporting our clients with their Visa & Permit requirements during this trying time.
The PABC Team
Information about Covid-19 in SA can be found at the following data-free website provided by the South African Government: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/